Zio Apollo Press publishes nonfiction, fiction, poetry, memoirs, and hybrid forms. We are looking for original writing by authors from underrepresented communities who reject regressive ideas about gender variant people, Black, Indigenous, and People of Color.
Please submit your bravest, honest writing to us. We want to read them.
We are open to receiving stories around many themes, but we will immediately reject stories that feature any of the following:
- Graphic depictions of rape or sexual assault
- Needless brutalization of women and children
- Depictions of brutalization or abuse of people with disabilities
- Graphic abuse of animals
- We only accept submission from LGBTQIA people, BIPOC, and members from other underrepresented communities.
- We only consider original and unpublished work.
Send manuscripts of less than 50,000 words to: zioapollopress [at] gmail [dot] com
Submissions should be in proper manuscript format with your name, address, email address, and the manuscripts total word count on the first page.
With your submission email, be sure to include:
- A cover letter that includes the author’s name, contact information, and a brief synopsis of the work.
- The manuscript in one of the following formats: .pdf, .doc, or .docx
- Writers may submit either the full manuscript or a sample of between 20 and 30 pages. Please keep in mind that full manuscripts take longer to review. All manuscripts should include page numbers on every page.
Given the volume of submissions we receive, please expect a response time of two to four months. We appreciate your patience. Phone calls, emails, and letters that inquire about the status of your manuscript are strongly discouraged.